Heir to a long tradition dating back to 1840, which saw the alternation of private companies and, since 1975, public entities providing navigation services on Lake Iseo, Navigazione Lago d’Iseo s.r.l. was incorporated in 2003 with the “Autorità di Bacino Lacuale dei Laghi d’Iseo, d’Endine e Moro”(Lake Basin Authority for Lakes Iseo, Endine and Moro), previously known as the Consorzio Laghi (Lakes Consortium)and consisting of lakeside towns, that according to Art. 48 of the Regional Law No. 6 dated April 4, 2012, created a non-profit public company. NLI s.r.l. aims to provide public ferry and tourist services for tourists through efficient management. The company has a fleet of 13 ships. The Board of Directors is made up of Mr. Giuseppe Marco Alessandro Tobias Faccanoni (President), Mr. Diego Invernici (Vice-President), and Mrs. Rosa Margherita Colosio, (councilman), while the Operation’s Manager is Emiliano Zampoleri. The registered offices of the company are in Costa Volpino (Bergamo), in Via Nazionale No. 16. The company includes 50 employees that go up to 57 during the summer months due to the strong increase in the tourists’ inflow. Today, more than 10 years after its founding, the company has achieved important goals, boosting the range of its services, building modern and welcoming jetties, and increasing in the number of passengers, which went from 1.3 million in 2004 to 1.6 million in 2018. The new winter yard was inaugurated in 2010 in Bersaglio at Costa Volpino, an important facility that extends over an area of 1600 square meters, for an investment of 3.3 million euros. NLI inherits management of the scheduled service from “Naviseo,” the governmental lake navigation management society, established by law no. 102/1975 of the Lombardy Region, whereby NLI has been equipped with the “boating and operating equipment necessary to ensure the service”.